Monday, January 21, 2008

Cloverfield was good!!!


OK, I am a big Sci-Fi geek. So, naturally I wanted to see this movie even though I thought the trailers and all the hype may have been a portent of a crap movie. Luckily I was wrong. It was actually quite good. The cinematography was a bit nauseating but it actually worked very well. The monster was big and ugly and the little evil lobster things were scary too. I am sure there will be a sequel, the movie made buckets of money. Of course some of the dialog was cheesy and the acting was kind a bad at some points and the motivation for them to go to Columbus Circle was kind of lame but it was great to watch them get there. I would definitely recommend the movie to Sci-Fi/horror fans. Make sure you pay attention to one of the final scenes when the camera is looking out over the ocean...it may give a clue as to the creatures origin...

No comments: